Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: blisters all over lips

Default blisters all over lips

Okay, so IME my nurslings have gotten a single blister on their top lip. But, Katie has them all over her top and bottom lips. I'm wondering if it's from her bad latch (my left nipple can attest to her latching issues ) or if it still falls in the category of normal bfing blister. Any thoughts?
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

Default Re: blisters all over lips

hummmm... if your worried maybe ask the doctor next time.
    Does it look like skin thats gonig to sloth off?
    My dd had that realy bad!
    She pealed all over, not just her lip.

They're small, not really swollen at all, and they don't seem to bother her. Color wise they seem to blend in with her lips as opposed to being white. They do peel off but then seem to come back.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

sore nipples?
    kind of makes me think thrush...