Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sore nipples now?

Default Re: Sore nipples now?

so, your nipples become more sensitve during nursing while you're pregnant??? I'm pregnant and I've definitely noticed them being more sensitive...even when I'm not nursing, sometimes they are a little tingly. I had no idea this would go along with pregnancy! I heard you could have tender breasts, which I don't have, but never nipples. I just assumed it was my son's teeth rubbing me.
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof3girls View Post
    three things that came to mind is she teehting, using a pacifier or bottle? We use a pacifier and had to almost take it away because she got a tight clamp when nursing. I notice the more we used it the more sore I became. The teeth were another big thing for us too!
    I don't think she's teething, but she doesn't really cooperate in letting me get a good look at her gums. She hardly ever uses a bottle, maybe one every few weeks at the most. She does use a pacifier and has since she was about 2 1/2 weeks old. She uses it after she's done nursing as she goes to sleep as well as in the car. I think if it was the pacifier it would have become a problem before now.

I'm going to take another pregnancy test tomorrow morning. This is really strange to me.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

did you take another test? what was the result?
    Jillian
    Mommy to ...
    Ella (11/03/04)
    Owen (03/29/07)
    Cate (11/17/08)

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    did you take another test? what was the result?

I took another test and it was negative. My period came the next day. My nipples are still really sore when my daughter nurses, but it's not quite as bad. Weird this happened for the first time now.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

I actually have had some sore nipple issues. Seemed she went through a period of what I think of as 'lazy latching' She would latch on and then doze off and sort of have a biting latch, it caused a great deal of soreness!
    It's better now though thank goodness.

I hope yours goes over soon.