Thanks for the info and support, everyone!

I do feel like I make a lot of milk. He does splutter sometimes while nursing, and there are times when I will take my breast out of his mouth and just spray milk everywhere - on him, on myself, etc. So like I said, I'm not worried that I'm not making enough milk, I KNOW I'm making enough milk.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see him nurse for about 45-60 minutes, and then give me two hours to do what I need to, i.e., eat, pee, get some computer work done, etc. He was pretty good today - at one point, he went almost three hours between feedings, and we took an hour-long nap together in the late afternoon right before I ate dinner.

I've decided to hold off on solid foods for now. I'm just too nervous about what kinds of digestive upsets it might cause, and I'm having a hard enough time as it is trying to keep his tummy full. I'd hate to see what happens if I try solids and he gets sick or even fussier than he already gets! Hehehe...

But I will say this - after I nursed him for about the hundredth time this evening, around 9:00 p.m., I laid him down on the bed under his activity gym and he and I just looked at each other and laughed and stuck our tongues out at each other, and I swear, when he laughed, he sounded like a real person! I just love my little kid...!!!