Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Think it´s time..

Default Think it´s time..

My daughter s 18 months and although she´s now only feeding at night before bed I´m beginning to think its time for me to stop. She self weaned herself from all her other feeds (last one to go was her morning feed about 2 months ago) and I now finding it exhausting and starting to resent feeding her at this time. Also I think the association with bed time needs to be dropped and maybe start introducing a glass of milk instead.

Any advise or wise words would be greatful - is it better for me to give her goats milk than cows - I heard this??

Default Re: Think it´s time..

maybe this info from dr sears would help
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/t032400.asp

Red face Re: Think it´s time..

Thanks so much - I know breast is best but not sure I could go back to expressing as I did it for 6 months to make her breakfast in the morning and found it exhausting!!

I think as well part is the reason I´m getting stressed is that we´re due to visit my husbands fols in a couple of weeks and they really don´t agree wth me continuing to bf I´m gonna see how it goes and maybe next week just start with the "don´t offer - don´t refuse" approach and see - let you know how it goes...

Sounds like a plan!

If she's only feeding before bedtime, do your inlaws really have to know? You'd be surprised how many nursing mother/toddler dyads are acutally "closet nursers", meaning only certain people even realize they are still nursing because the toddler is only nursing a limited number of times per day. So, if your dd is only nursing at bedtime, how likely is it that the topic would even come up?

Unfortunately (!!??) they´re a very open family so I wouldn´t even want to try to hide it

I think maybe it´s a lack of confidence in the way I´m doing things but for me to continue to do it until she says no is the best (she done this so far). I´ve just got to bite the bullet I think and not bother what they think and know in my own mind it´s for the best!???????

Quote Originally Posted by splums View Post
    Unfortunately (!!??) they´re a very open family so I wouldn´t even want to try to hide it

I think maybe it´s a lack of confidence in the way I´m doing things but for me to continue to do it until she says no is the best (she done this so far). I´ve just got to bite the bullet I think and not bother what they think and know in my own mind it´s for the best!???????
    If you are ready to stop then go for it. However, do not let your MIL dicatate what you do! I know how hard it is to go against the grain and take the comments that inlaws can say.

You are doing good momma!
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

Another way to think of it is that you are in the process of weaning - so if asked or if your nursing around them you might be more comfortable telling them that.
    You might take a look at the Dealing with Criticism board for more idea's on how to talk with them or make your case.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!