Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ah man!

Default ah man!

Well, Ari started dc this week, and the first three days he was terrific...he ate 12 oz. and slept quite a bit and barely cried at all. But, today, I just got a call that he only ate 3 oz. and has cried all day!
    Should I worry that he is not getting enough? Is this normal??? I feel like I got punched in the gut.

Default Re: ah man!

Wait and see how he does. Is he nursing more than usual when with you? He could be reverse cycling.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)

This is the second week of my lo crying at dc... I feel so sad... they do not even want me there cause they said that she cries even more if she sees me and I leave

how old is baby?

how long are you away from lo?

is there an reason to suspect maybe a bug or something?
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Ah, I'm sorry. I don't really have any advice but I hope it all works out. If he takes the bottle fine I wouldn't be too worried about him having a bad day.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

It is possible that he is getting a bug, as dh has a cold. Or, he may be reverse cycling...ugh. He did take 4 oz. in the afternoon and finally slept. It is just hard for my dcp to hear him cry for an hour straight because she has other kids to watch, and I understand that. It just feels like someone is ripping my heart out when I think of him crying because he wants to be close to me and nurse. Ari is only 3 months and it is a tough transistion for such a little guy.