Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2nd week at Sitter (SIL)

Unhappy 2nd week at Sitter (SIL)

This is 2nd week for my baby's sitter (SIL is baby sitting for me) and I feel like I want to drop everthing up, take my baby and quit my job .... my lo crys her tear off every morning when I drop her off, .... I can stand her crying for so much, I wish there is something I can do to make her feel better but all she wants is be with me.... How do I make her feel confortable with other people????

Before she started care with SIL I went there every single day for 1 week so that she would get to know her, but it didnt work, basecally this is the 3rd week that she is with her and my lo cant stop crying... is this normal??? for how long??? how do I make it easy for her???

Default Re: 2nd week at Sitter (SIL)

Have you asked your SIL how long she keeps crying after you leave? I know Nora used to cry when I left, but they told me she'd stop about 30 seconds after I was out of sight.

I'm sorry, I know how rough it is. It does get better, though. Do you trust your SIL to care for her and give her lots of love? That definitely makes it easier to bear.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

She said that when I leave she cries for like an hour then she fall slep, wake-up and start crying again .... I know that she is patient with her, but it bothers me that she is been crying to the point that she is loosing her voice ....

My lo doesnt like anybody but her father my sis and me nobody else ...

Awww... so sorry to hear your LO is having a hard time at childcare... Do you use a sling to "wear" your LO? If the situation permits, maybe your SIL could wear your LO in a sling so that she feels the constant movement, and closeness to a warm body... And then your SIL would still have her hands free to do other things?? Prior to having a baby, my mom (who is also a daycare provider in an infant room) got me the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block." This book gives great tips for calming a fussy baby. Here it is in a nutshell ("The 5 S's"), although I do recommend reading the book:

1. A nice tight swaddle (wrap baby like a burrito)
    2. Place baby on her side/stomach (by holding her belly-to-belly with you)
    3. Saying "Shhhhhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhh"
    4. Rocking, Swaying
    5. Sucking (letting baby use a pacifier or your clean finger)

If you do all these steps together, in this order, it might help your SIL to calm your LO. We used these steps to get our LO to sleep when she was tiny, and we also used these steps to calm her if she was super fussy before a feeding (sometimes too fussy to latch on...)

Just a thought... Hope your LO adjusts soon

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I would agree w/ pp. "The Happiest Baby on the Block." Is pretty good! They also have a video of it (which I have seen and is really good). I know our local library has both video & book so if you have a local library you can always see if they have it
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Thanks moms for all your advise