Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Im only 15 weeks preg and leaking?!

Default Im only 15 weeks preg and leaking?!

Hello new forum,
    I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby. This morning when I woke up I noticed that one of my breasts had a clear crust over the nipple. I flaked it off and that nipple still feels a little tingly and weird. Does it sound like it could be that Im already starting to get fluids in there? Unfortunately Im woefully uneducated about whats actually going on in my boobies. I dont really understand how they actually make milk and all the pregnancy books are just like "oh and the milk glands begin producing milk." Where do I find specific info? I want to know the mechanics of whats going on. :<
    I thought women didnt leak until much later in pregnancy? My boobs have already gotten WAY bigger and Ive had to move up two cup sizes just in the past few weeks. My husband wants to know if this means stuff is going to come out when he messes with my nipples and I dont know what to tell him
    So ladies, what do you think this is? Should I just leave my boobs alone and see what happens? All the women in my area are formula fanantics so I dont really have anyone to talk to about this... I dont think it has anything to do with infection since thats never happened to me before and I dont have any unusual pain or tenderness.

Default Re: Im only 15 weeks preg and leaking?!

Hi there,

I leaked one time really early on. I can't remember exactly when. . . I want to say 12 weeks? I woke up with a splotch on my pj's. But then I didn't leak ever again until the baby was born. Now I'm leaking everywhere! From what I've read, there's no correlation between leaking early on and successful breastfeeding.

Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy!

he'll find out if he's a boob guy....

this might help explain how milk production works
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/milkproduction.html

I felt the exact same way when it happened to me! I was 16 wks pregnant and I was like... this is WAY too early! But it's not! My midwife told me it was perfectly normal!

And my boyfriend is a boob man... and he is actually the one who discovered it! But as long as your man is fine with it, we just went on like we always did, and if I leaked I leaked! He had no issue with it and until I delivered we had the same sex and he touched my boobs the same! So just talk it over with him and do whatever you feel fine to do!!

Loving being a first time mom to Mia Lynn! Born 2/26/08!!

At birth:8 lbs
    Coming home: 7 lbs 6 oz
    1 month- 9 lbs 12 oz
    8 wks- 11 lbs 6 oz
    3.5 mos- 13 lbs 4 oz
    5.5 mos- 17 lbs 2 oz
    10 mos- ~20 lbs

Your milk doesn't come in until after delivery, but it is possible to have colostrum way before giving birth. I started leaking colostrum around 17 or 18 weeks.
    Cheryl

Mommy to Tessa Noelle 12/14/07

15 weeks is right around the time colostrum production begins. So your boobs are on schedule

yay! im so glad to hear this is normal lol. the other started leaking last night and when i showed my husband he just said "Neat. Youre going to be a good mom." made me feel a lot better and less insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_skys View Post
    yay! im so glad to hear this is normal lol. the other started leaking last night and when i showed my husband he just said "Neat. Youre going to be a good mom." made me feel a lot better and less insecure.
    aww he sounds so supportive Everyone already answered your question I just wanted to send s

I started leaking early too. I had to wear a bra to bed every night because I would make such a mess if I didn't. I thought it was too early but my ob told me it was normal. My husband was afraid of my leaky boobs and still is

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_skys View Post
    Jill
    Wife to Steven, mom to ds Noah (11), ds Oliver (4), dss Peter (11), Linus (2), and 2 in heaven.

Buy Eco-friendly Handmade at GaGa Bum
    Blogaholic ~ SERENITY NOW!