Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Getting ready to breastfeed...

Smile Getting ready to breastfeed...

I am only 10 weeks pregnancy and I want to try breastfeeding with my child. I didn't with my other two so this is going to be a experience for me. My question is..Is there a recommended diet for those who plan to breastfeed to ensure maximum nutrition for the upcoming baby? Like right now I am craving my fare share of junk but I don't feel this will be to healthy in the end. Any suggestions?

Shekera

Default Re: Getting ready to breastfeed...

Eating a healthy diet is really for you, as babies will take what they need!

Eating well only helps, but even mother's in poor countries who are not eating well still are able to nurse.

Here's some more stuff on it from LLL
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBmaternalnutrition.html

Quote Originally Posted by DIVAnette View Post
    I am only 10 weeks pregnancy and I want to try breastfeeding with my child. I didn't with my other two so this is going to be a experience for me. My question is..Is there a recommended diet for those who plan to breastfeed to ensure maximum nutrition for the upcoming baby? Like right now I am craving my fare share of junk but I don't feel this will be to healthy in the end. Any suggestions?

Shekera
    Honestly, you should be thinking more about eating healthy now, as everything you eat is literally the building blocks you are choosing to Build Your Baby With. Now is the time to make changes.

Way too lazy for formula

Way to go for thinking ahead about what is best for your baby. Eat as well as you can, and that will help your baby now and in the future. The other poster is right. Once you get to breastfeeding, that's best for your baby no matter what you eat (you'll feel better eating healthy food.

it's okay to indulge some cravings, just try to be balanced overall. I got through the first trimester on dry cheerios and sprite.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. All the best to you and baby!

It's great that you are making plans to give yourself the very best start to breastfeeding. Make some positive changes to your diet now. Do some reading (The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is the very best resource on the market!!!), and find a support person (your significant other, a friend, a relative, an LLL leader) who will encourage you no matter what!

Congratulations on your third baby!
    Erica
    Fletcher...August 20, 2005
    Welcoming #2 in July 2008

"There is no failure, only feedback."

Way to go...planning ahead. Good suggestions from all the other moms. Stay close to these boards. You'll get lots of information, and lots of support.
    Jill
    Wife to Steven, mom to ds Noah (11), ds Oliver (4), dss Peter (11), Linus (2), and 2 in heaven.

Buy Eco-friendly Handmade at GaGa Bum
    Blogaholic ~ SERENITY NOW!

Also, a good healthy diet for yourself will help you meet the demands that a breastfeeding mother faces. You get hungry more often, tired, sometimes emotional. Keeping a balanced diet will help your body and mind face these challenges, heal faster from the birth, and prevent illness.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)