Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: does anyone know....

Default does anyone know....

I recently noticed a dec in my supply. I am now using More Milk Plus. Does anyone know how quickly this stuff should work?

also, if your baby inc the times he/she eats, will your body keep up? I am afraid my lo isnt getting enough.

Default Re: does anyone know....

I have had my lo start to nurse less and then suddenly nurse more. I was afraid she was not getting enough b/c of my dec, but after a day or so it came right back up to keep up with her. I pumped when I worried about my milk too. Not much came out, just wanted to keep stimulation.

What makes you think your baby isn't getting enough and that your milk has decreased?

The best way to increase milk production is to nurse more. The more milk that is removed, the more milk that will be made!

Here's some info:
    www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html

i think that bc when i pump i only get an ounce if im lucky.....

When I started pumping I couldn't get more than 1 oz TOTAL, and was very scared about that (I can't do it, etc.), but then I read (in Kellymom I think, though I don't have the link handy) that for a full time nursing mom 1 to 2 oz per pumping session is totally normal...
    and of course you know that the pumping is not a good indicator of your milk supply, because when your LO nurse he actually is much more effective than the pump, and your body response is too...
    that said, is there anything different with your life at the moment? a stressy period? more phisically tired for whatever reason? this can affect your supply...
    another chance is that your period might be returning... I experienced a dip in my supply for the 2 weeks before af came back (which was a couple of days ago - don't tell me, I'm still mourning )
    hth a little...
    yes, my son comfort nurses, and I comfort forum!
    teeth counter now scoring: 11!
    WAHM (though hubby behaves like I'm a SAHM) to Luca Johannes, born 23/04/2007
    as well as his great-grandmother (23/04/1916) and his aunt (23/04/1972)
    - both delighted by the generational continuity...

thanks everyone!!