Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sleep/nursing pattern changed-need advice please

Default Re: sleep/nursing pattern changed-need advice please

Yes, diapers are okay and I eat oatmeal every morninghttp://forums.lalecheleague.org/images/smilies/ITA.gif

I began losing my milk around 8mos with my 7yo daughter, but she was on solids. We will be delaying solids as long as possible this time around. I know stress doesn't help w/ supply, so I am not doing that, just curious and wanted to make sure I was doing all I could/should.

I was wondering if I should pump at all? I like to have a supply in the freezer. Why you ask, well, when my 1st child was a baby I had to go int he hospital with an emergency. I couldn't nurse. Since then I like to have milk in the freezer.
    Shannon

Happy bf, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, mother to 6 mo dd
    Happy homeschooling mommy to ds13, ds10, dd8
    last, but most impt...Happy wife of 17yrs to my wonderful dh!

If pumping in addition to nursing (meaning not replacing any time at the breast) and having a little stash would make you feel better, or give you some peace of mind then sounds like you've got a plan.

If pumping gets stressful, gets in the way of nursing, makes you crazy at all - then it's not worth it! It can help with supply when baby is not nursing effectively, but since yours is doing such a great job then it's not really necessary.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

good point on teething. I've been watching that, lots of drool, but no signs yet!
    Shannon

oh, I just pump once in the morning after she does her 9a.m ish feed and save whatever I get. Definitely don't have the time or need to do it more than that. It would become a stress then. I am blessed to have a healthy baby that nurses so well. We do hope to have more. I just turned 40 (this is our first post reversal baby) and I don't remember when I got my cycle back w/ my last child. it was right around year I think. It has been so long. Is it true a woman normally doesn't ovulate when bf until the baby consistently has 6hr stretches b/ween night feedings?
    Shannon

I think you may be referring to the Lactational Amenorrhea Method of birth control? Here is more about it (non LLL resource)

Breastfeeding and Fertility
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Some one else mentioned that as you go along and your body gets used to it you don't feel FULL all the time. I think it was around 5 months that I stopped feeling super full if I needed to feed (unless of course it was a much longer time than usual).

I have a lo that is 5 1/2months but was a premie, so is more like 4 months. She is acting funny with her eating and sleeping. I had her back in her bassinet next to my bed falling asleep on her own, and then all the sudden she wants to cosleep again. She dropped from an every 2hr baby around the clock to an every 3-5hr baby. Her diapers are fine, and she is happier than ever. I am just perplexed by the change, but like I am reading, it has to be the age and her developing. I was also worried about my supply b/c I have always been a on demand feeder, so I pump every 3 hrs when possible more to ease my mind than anything. I figure that way if she makes a change and wants more all of the sudden, my body will be better prepared.