Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regretting stopping Breastfeeding

Default Re: Regretting stopping Breastfeeding

You're still his mama! Even if weaning didn't go as you hoped for, and even if you don't resume nursing, you can still scoop him up and express affection and reassurance. Often, extra doses of this "other-mothering" during the weaning process can go a long way to easing the transition -- for both of you!
    Mary

Default Re: Regretting stopping Breastfeeding

Thanks for all your help. I've found that Ben still enjoys twiddling, and I'm happy to let him do this. We have had some lovely cuddles today, and I think that now I have accepted that I need to let go of the nursing and remember it for the wonderful loving experience that it was I feel so much better. I think it hit me harder this time as well, as I know that this will be my last experience of nursing - I wont be having more children for medical reasons - so I wanted it to last as long as possible. My little baby is growing up, and its time for the next chapter so to speak. I guess I need to put all regrets out of my mind and just enjoy my two absolutely beautiful children. . Once again thanks, it really did help to be able to communicate with mothers that know how I feel. .