Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: silent reflux?

Default silent reflux?

How do I know if my DS has silent reflux and what can I do to help him? I notice that sometimes when he is playing in the crib it sounds like he spits up but then he swallows it and then gets the hiccups. This happens a couple of time a day. The past day or so he has been spitting up more often than usual and it is actually coming out...all over me. He normally doesn't spit up that much. Could this be a reflux condition or just normal baby stuff? He has also been harder to put down for naps...I used to just rock him a little when he got tired but now he seems to want to nurse in order to go to sleep. Has anyone had experience with this?

Default Re: silent reflux?

Check out www.infantrefluxdisease.org My last 2 both had silent reflux and what you're describing sounds like it to me, but very mild (since you didn't mention all night crying and never wanting to be put down, lol). There are some things like having him be upright after feeds and when sleeping and often reflux is caused by milk/soy protein intolerance so cutting those from your diet may help as well. After that you could try Mylanta Supreme or DRs can rx meds like zantac and axid.
    Jennifer, child passenger safety technician and mama to,
    AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), and Olivia (2/12/09)