Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you wear a bra to bed?

Default Re: Do you wear a bra to bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mami_Kathy
    I just hate bras period. The towel was the way to go for me.
    Me too--I am a no bra, no shoes, no long sleeves kind of gal---all that material just gets in my way! However, since bf I HAVE to wear a bar 24/7, 1st because it's uncomfortable not to b/c boobs are big, fully & heavy. I always wanted big boobies but now I'm rethinking it and 2nd b/c at night I leak like crazy while bf ds and it wont go onto a towel it just leaks all over my chest. I love the bras that paint-the-moon linked in her website, I will definitely be ordering one of those --- they look so much more comfortable that what I am wearing to bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by He'sAlive
    Me too--I am a no bra, no shoes, no long sleeves kind of gal---all that material just gets in my way!
    If I could I would be naked, or at least just undies!

At first I wore a bra 24/7 with pads but got a bad case of thrush. Now I only wear a bra when I go out - and never underwire. I just wear tank tops that have the extra layer underneath so there are 2 layers of material to absorb but my breasts can breath. I do miss sleeping with nothing on though...

What I do is I sleep on my back only, strictly no turning on my sides. Try going to bed immediately after a feed or pump session so that your breasts are not so full, apply some pressure on the nipples so that any leaking is stopped temporaily. After falling asleep I usually keep dry until I wake up.
    When bf my baby without a bra at night, what I do is hold an empty sterilised milk bottle under the leaking nipple - this adds to my freezer stock! I don't really leak that much, each night feeding session I collect about 20 ml initially. Now that my baby is older I don't leak so much anymore.....

Oh gosh it is amazing what you forget. Yes, I wore a bra with pads that I had to change in the night for a while and then when I became so sick of the bra at night I got a night time nursing bra and that was better, not great though, I would recamend getting a bigger size so that you can easily slide your breast in and out, I kept having to push the bra under my breasts, Anyway then I just said the heck with it and took a towel to bed with me, after I fed I would change my shirt and the towel. All of this should normalize by about 3-4 months pp. All the best!