Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear a bra to bed?

Default Do you wear a bra to bed?

I leak everywhere but hate to wear a bra 24/7. What do you do???

Default Re: Do you wear a bra to bed?

Maybe you could try those LilyPadz, not sure if they will stay on without a bra, but it sounds like they would work without a bra. Search under LilyPadz breast pads. HTH

I f you leak 24/7 than you wear a bra 24/7. They have "sleep bras" that are specifically designed to be very structureless, give great access and hold in pads. They usually cost about $12. They carry them at MotherHood if you have a store near you. Online I know they have them at the nursing baby.

I wear a bra to bed most of the time. It's not really because I leak but, because the fullness hurts. Then it gets kind of old wearing a bra 24/7 in which case I'll go braless for a night. I sleep on a towel "just in case". I've not tried a sleep bra - I might just get one.

When my son was first born I wore a bra to bed due to leaking and uncomfortable fullness. However, I started having problems with plugged ducts and mastitis and so I stopped. Instead I put a towel down on the bed under me and kept a supply of clean handy. I often ended up changing my shirt a couple times during the night--but it was better than mastitis! The leaking slowed a lot to only an occasional problem after my son was a few months old.

I don't know what I'd do without my sleep bras! I can't stand going braless anymore with all the leaking and with how full and heavy my breasts have become while BF. They are very comfortable and with the sleep bras cross over design it's so easy to nurse at night by just pulling the top down instead of hassling with snaps or clasps in the dark. Motherwear also has some great sleep bras that are a little prettier and more comfy than Motherhood's and just as inexpensive ...

bra1
    bra 2

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I just hate bras period. The towel was the way to go for me.

For the first 2 months I wore a sleep bra. Now I don't really wear anything as I don't leak much anymore. Which is good, because I felt my nips needed a bit of breathing room.

I like my sleep bra from Blue Canoe. Easy access, comfy like a stretchy cami and just enough support for comfort.

I like the look of the embroidered sleep bra you put up, paint-the-moon; i'm thinking i need to get one of those.

I have always worn a bra to bed - at first because of the leaking. I've tried sleeping in a glamourmom tank, but I would wake up with really sore areas of my breasts - they really just didn't support me enough. My leaking has never really stopped, although it is certainly not as bad as it was when dd was young. DD is now 9 mos.