Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stinky gas

Default stinky gas

My daughter (9 days old) has been passing very foul smelling gas for the last 2 days. I don't remeber my 1st born having such smelly gas. I s this normal?

Default Re: stinky gas

My LO was really gassy for the first two or three months (I'm talking old-man-beer-belching-sailor type of gas) and after that she was fine. If your LO is passing the gas without discomfort, I wouldn't sweat it.

20 hours of hypnobirthing and I LOVED every second of it!

don't know about "normal", but my daughter was gassy too since day 1, and yes it is often stinky. I agree with pp, if it's not painful and she's EBF, I wouldn't worry about it.

My daughter was also very gassy...and smelly! I think that's just how some babies are!
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

Mine too You can tell when she wakes in the morning... cause she will toot toot! If it seams like your baby is not bothered by it, I wouldn't be worried. As far as the smell, it has alot to do with how long you hold it in and the kinds of bacteria we have in our intestines. Are you eating alot of sulfuric foods... milk, eggs and meat? The more sulfur-rich your diet is, the more sulfides will be produced by the bacteria in you gut, and the more your farts will stink!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

thank you all for your responses . . . i feel better just knowing mine isn't the only stinky kid around!!!!!