Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pain down there...?

Exclamation Pain down there...?

I am not sure where to post this, but here it goes. I have hit my 6 week mark and have had the okay to get back to excercising etc. I have been walking two miles a day, but nothing to strenuous. I cannot tell if I have started my period or if my bleeding has increased. It is also painful, almost like aching. It feels close to what it did maybe 2 weeks after birth..Should I be concerned or is this normal?
    Baby B's Mama

Bryce Levi 2/18/08

We LOVE and loving and and we are getting used to cloth diapering!

Default Re: Pain down there...?

The rule of thumb is that you should be continually getting better. If you were making progress, then all of a sudden it started hurting more or bleeding more, you should probably take things a little more slowly.

Also, just because the doc gives you the okay to do something, it doesn't necessarily mean that your body will agree. It took me WAY longer than 6 weeks to have sex without it being really painful.

Take a cue from your body, it'll tell you what its ready for.

20 hours of hypnobirthing and I LOVED every second of it!

If your bleeding has increased, it's worth a call to your doctor. You might be overdoing it just a tad.

I was told if the bleeding increases you are doing too much and to ease up a bit. Had you stopped bleeding before this? Does anything one way or another make it feel better or worse?

I eased up. I had been walking two miles a day just fine. But I decided to start taking a new route and go up a steep hill (with my lo) so I didnt even think about it but I think that it affected me. So, Im back to my old route and I feel fine! Thanks for the help!
    Baby B's Mama

Bryce Levi 2/18/08

We LOVE and loving and and we are getting used to cloth diapering!