Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Re: what else is there to do?

Default Re: what else is there to do?

hi everyone this is my first time use this site. I am having a problem with my milk supply i have tried to pump feed my baby every 2 hours. but nothing is working, plus can't take anything the herbs because she has acid reflux.. i son't know what to do.. i started to eat oatmeal but i hate it... how can i improve the taste... i hope some knows. thanks for your help

A little more information would be helpful.

Why do you think you are haveing supply problems?

How old is your baby? Could this be a growth spurt?

How is your baby's weight gain? Your baby is gaining an average of 6 oz per week (170 grams) or 1.5 lbs a month (680 grams).

Out-put (wet/dirty? diapers)? Does she have 5-6 wet diapers a day and 3-4 bowel movements per day?

Have tried making oatmeal cookies? Two for me a day worked well. Make sure you are drinking enought fluid, but not too much.

Your doing a wonderful job momma, keep it up!

Unhappy Re: what else is there to do?

hi, thanks for the reply. My daughter is 3 amd 1/2 months. as of last doctor visit she weighs aboit 11 lbs 8 oz. Her usual course every 3 to4 hours about 5 to 6 oz but also sometimes as lowas 2oz. When i pump with hospital grade pump I am only getting 2 oz from both sides every 3 hours. She has at least 5 or more wet diapers a day, and3 poops, a day. I trying to feed her from my breast every 3 hours but she does not stay more then 5 minutes on each breast... Also when she is done she is fussy and starting crying... and takes the formula right away when i give it to her.

I am trying to give her less formula and more of exprssed milk but i get so little each time that it takes me for every to get the 5 oz for her.

Is it true that what you pump is not the acutal amount of milk that you have?

thanks for your help i appreciate it

Hi, I'm YaYecheYeageMomma, I forgot my password. It's a long story.

It kinda sounds like she has preferance for the bottle. Do you offer the bottle after breastfeeding? When you are BFing do you fell let-down? Get her to the breast as much a possible. NURSE, NURSE, NURSE! And, rest. Oh, and oatmeal cookies, give them a shot.

Pumping is not a good measurement of supply. Your daughter is better at the sucking then the pump.
    I would recommend finding a LLL Leader in you area. She may be able to help you more than I can.

You can do it Momma!