Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lactina vs. Ameda Elite?

Default Lactina vs. Ameda Elite?

I work in a hospital, and have been toting my PIS to work, but they do have a Lactina and an Ameda Elite I could use. Which one is better? I have most of what I need for the Lactina, whereas I would need to purchase the Hygienikit for the Elite.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Lactina vs. Ameda Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by 4xy1xx View Post
    I work in a hospital, and have been toting my PIS to work, but they do have a Lactina and an Ameda Elite I could use. Which one is better? I have most of what I need for the Lactina, whereas I would need to purchase the Hygienikit for the Elite.
    Thanks in advance!

I've used the Lactina and it's a pretty decent pump! I had success with it! I've never used an Ameda Elite though. HTH a little!

Quote Originally Posted by HH13 View Post

I've used the Lactina and it's a pretty decent pump! I had success with it! I've never used an Ameda Elite though. HTH a little!
    Thanks for the welcome!

I used the elite while my little guy was in the nicu. it worked great, but if you already have the parts for the other one you might try that first.

The Elite and Lactina are comparable as far as performance goes.

How cool that you have access to use of two styles of hospital grade pump. to your hospital for that!

Here is an update: I started using the Lactina and noticed a real drop in output. I had bought a new cylindar and tubing, too. It did stall several times, but after 4 days of about half the output, I decided to bring my PISO (circa 1997!), and am again having greater output. Do Lactinas have low suction?

No, they don't. I've never heard of a functioning Lactina stalling, either. I would suggest asking whoever is in charge of the maintance on the pumps to call Medela and have the Lactina checked out. That just doesn't sound right.

I will try to get a hold of someone--it is a smaller hospital and they don't seem to have a lactation consultant on staff.