Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: strange place for a leak

Default strange place for a leak

I was massaging out a clog yesterday and milk started leaking from .... i guess it was a sweat gland because it was just outside my areola, no where near the nipple.

the clog lessened a little but it's still there. My son is only 5 days old but nurses like a champ and I've tried several positions to get that clog out of there. it's small but it's still there and I'm tempted to try and express some more milk from that odd spot to see if that's the problem before it turns into something worse. Should I do it?

Default Re: strange place for a leak

Is the clog painful?

I have a spot on one of my breasts that will leak milk when I hand express. It's about an inch or so away from the nipple on my areola. I thought it was odd too, guess its not that uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    Is the clog painful?
    Yeah it was, like any other clog. but once i expressed all the milk out it went away. i haven't had any trouble with it since but I haven't hand expressed either.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. My mom said she and her SIL both had the same issue so I stopped worrying about it.

I'm glad it resolved. How are things going for you now?

pretty good. well we have an issue with him not liking a lot of the foods i eat but my daughter was the same way the first couple months. we're dealing with it. he just clusterfeeds and cries. They are both sleeping now though!