Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: proper fit of breastshield

Default Re: proper fit of breastshield

bump for Henry's mama
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    Update: Today at lunch i purchased Large breastshields and my afternoon pumped yielded a full ounce more than my morning pump on each side

before lunch 1.5oz & 2 oz

after lunch 2.5oz & 3 oz

woo hoo!!

This is sooo great! I always thought that the fit on my Avent iQ was way too tight & that I'd be able to get more milk if the fit was better. I just ordered the large shields & can't wait to try them! woohoo!

I've upgraded to the XL, and am debating the XXL. I don't know. The XL are pretty comfortable, but they still look small compared to the picture. And I'm getting the ring around the tube when I'm done. BUT it seems like its pulling in the aerola as well - I'm not sure where my nipples end exactly and the aereola beings.

I think - comparing my bb's to pictures LOL - that I have flat nipples, that are large when sucked into the pump. The LC's I've worked with didn't mention this - could be another reason baby couldn't latch on, she also had tongue issues - her tongue wouldn't come down off the top of her mouth to latch....so I've been EP'ing for 9 weeks. Its getting a lot better since I got a new pump, my original one was killing me.

Anywho, I have spent a lot already on parts - for the old pump - and now this one. i wish there was an easy way to tell sizes w/o trial and error, $12 keeps adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mak8946 View Post
    I've upgraded to the XL, and am debating the XXL. I don't know. The XL are pretty comfortable, but they still look small compared to the picture. And I'm getting the ring around the tube when I'm done. BUT it seems like its pulling in the aerola as well - I'm not sure where my nipples end exactly and the aereola beings.

I think - comparing my bb's to pictures LOL - that I have flat nipples, that are large when sucked into the pump. The LC's I've worked with didn't mention this - could be another reason baby couldn't latch on, she also had tongue issues - her tongue wouldn't come down off the top of her mouth to latch....so I've been EP'ing for 9 weeks. Its getting a lot better since I got a new pump, my original one was killing me.

Anywho, I have spent a lot already on parts - for the old pump - and now this one. i wish there was an easy way to tell sizes w/o trial and error, $12 keeps adding up.
    I agree that sometimes it is hard to tell if the pump is taking in just the nipple or also the aereola. I wasn't sure what size to ordered either, so got the all-in-one pack from Pumpin Pal, here.

Hmmm, I actually have all 3 sizes of the pumpin pal shields. They are a great company. I got the M/L kit and the M was way too small - so they sent me an XL. I'll have to try them with the new PISA pump I just got -with my old PY it cut the suction down I think. I'll give it a try next time I pump.
    THANKS for reminding me I have them!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mak8946 View Post
    Hmmm, I actually have all 3 sizes of the pumpin pal shields. They are a great company. I got the M/L kit and the M was way too small - so they sent me an XL. I'll have to try them with the new PISA pump I just got -with my old PY it cut the suction down I think. I'll give it a try next time I pump.
    THANKS for reminding me I have them!!
    You're welcome!

It's good to hear that you like the pumpin pal shields. Do they help you pump more milk? I'm STILL waiting for mine to arrive. Of course I'm like a kid at Christmas and am terribly impatient to get them!

LOL I was the same way - then it turned out my mailman put them on my back porch so they were here a day before I found them.
    With my PY - I loved them!! I'm going to try the L the next time I pump with my PISA - I think maybe the XL is too big for me. There is a reduced amount of suction so I'm thinking its too big for my boob - comfortable around my nip though.
    But they are soo much more comfortable - I felt like I could sit up strait for the first time inages. I EP - and with my PY I was attached to the pump for over 6 hours a day - sometimes 8.
    Good luck - let me know what you think.

Did you also order the hands-free? LOVE IT!
    Last edited by @llli*mak8946; February 26th, 2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: adding

Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

bump
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Bumping
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07