Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BF disaster - can you help

Default Re: BF disaster - can you help

Hi again

Thanks again. Re the duration of fussiness, what I meant was whether LO would settle later that evening if I didn't bring things to a head with a bottle feed.

My comment about let down relates to the ending of the period where LO has been sucking and swallowing milk - he usually only does this for 5-10 mins before reverrting to smaller sucks (no swallowing). Swallowing resumes when i have another let down

sorry comments are short - have lo in my arms

oh forgot to add, went dairy free as of yesterday so let's see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jaje01 View Post
    Hi again

Thanks again. Re the duration of fussiness, what I meant was whether LO would settle later that evening if I didn't bring things to a head with a bottle feed.

My comment about let down relates to the ending of the period where LO has been sucking and swallowing milk - he usually only does this for 5-10 mins before reverrting to smaller sucks (no swallowing). Swallowing resumes when i have another let down
    Yes he should settle in the evening. DD usually settled down right before she would fall asleep for the night. She would wake of course to feed during the night but it was nothing like she acted in the evening. The fussy period usually only lasts for a couple of hours.

His sucks without swallowing is probably what is leading to the second letdown. He knows how to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by jaje01 View Post
    oh forgot to add, went dairy free as of yesterday so let's see if that helps
    I hope it works for you!
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)