Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: loved nursing until 9 months..

Default loved nursing until 9 months..

Hi, I have loved breast-feeding until just recently. My daughter is 9 1/2 month and she has started beating me up (pinching hard, kicking, etc) and also she just recently decided that because she can crawl up to me, pull up my shirt and suck on my boob that she'll do that every 30 min to 1 hour. She used to be a 2-3 hr nurser. She eats solids (LOTS!) but seems to nurse more than ever. If I deny her, she gets mad and isnt fun to be around but I dont want to deal with nursing her every 30 min. whenever she feels like it because she's not hungry and I don't want to dislike breast-feeding. I am considering weaning in a month or so if things don't change but would really like to hold out until a year or more. Advice please!?!

Default Re: loved nursing until 9 months..

Some folks have said that a nursing necklace can help focus busy little hands . Haven't gotten to that point yet myself, but LO and I have had words about her clamping hard on the nipple and other such nonnutritive antics. I immediately delatch look at her directly in the eye and say, 'NO bites, latch please" . It works.

I'm sure other moms have been there and will come along with great suggestions. Until then, hang in there!

Default Re: loved nursing until 9 months..

thanks! I appreciate the feedback. a necklace is a good idea actually! ill try that. have a good day!