Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Soothie Pads

Default Soothie Pads

Hi,
    well me and DS took our 1000 mile road trip, and well it could have been worse but would've been a whole lot better if my car wouldn't have broke down. Anyway my dad ended up driving out to pick me and Mason(DS) up and i left my car to be repaired, my dad was unloading my car and loading his and he obviously missed the box of my nipple pads. so I bought these soothies gel pads today, i wanted to try them out anyway. But i'm confused. how do u put these on? theres a cloth side and a sticky gel side. comon sense is telling be the sticky gel side goes towards the bra, but the picture looks alittle different. and they say there are reusable. do u just rinse them out or what? wont they lose their stickiness very quickly? very curious to see how gel like this is absorbent. really hope someone can answer this soon as my disposable pads i'm wearing are soaked.

Default Re: Soothie Pads

The gel side goes towards you. I don't k now how absorbant you'll find them. They are more to sooth sore nipples than to absorb. ANd they are easily cleaned with soap and water and reused.

I was going to reply and say that they are only for alleviating nipple soreness, not for absorbing, but then I looked at the box I have of them and it actually does read "Absorbs milk leakage to keep nipple area dry." And that they can be rinsed and reused up to six times. However, I've used them and can't imagine them soaking up much milk! The ones I have are the ComfortGel Hydrogel Pads by Ameda.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I also tried some gel pads that were gerber and the gel was against the breast, however they did not have a cloth side, so that is confusing.