Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vomiting???... but not temp.. and still in a happy mood...

Default Vomiting???... but not temp.. and still in a happy mood...

My LO has thrown up on me three times tonight... at least I think it is throw up. Tonight we were out eating and I fed her greenbeans (that I had made from hojme) and she ate a lot of it. I nursed her. When we got home about an hour and a half later vomit just shot out of her mouth like a volcano. IT happened again about twenty minutes later. An hour later we were in bed and she was nursing and I switched what side she was one and in the middle of nursing she vomitted again! My bed sheet is soaked.. She doesn't have a temperature.... she is still talking and happy....

Has anyone had this happen before where their baby seems to be throwing up but is acting normal?
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

Default Re: Vomiting???... but not temp.. and still in a happy mood...

Ok this happened to us about a month ago or so -- but ds is a toddler. He was about 21 months at the time. He threw up every 10 minutes for 4 hours, then two more times within 24 hrs. No high temperature off the bat maybe not at all. I don't remember giving any meds. Anyway it was a stomach virus for us. Keep bf and bear with it - the biggest thing with throwing up is it can set up for deydraton -- but if bf often then this can be less of an occurance. Check out the link below.

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illne....html#vomiting

Call your ped's office if you are worried. Hope your lo feels better soon.

It took a few days for ours to be back to 100%.

Good luck.

Right so then the next day I got it... dh never got it. Lucky dog!

okay. Thanks! I knew someone would help me and reply quickly.. I will keep feeding her and bear with the throw up. She is starting to get a little fussy.. but she is also tired.

Thanks! I hope this ends soon....

Thank you.
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

For what it's worth we got tired of trying to change the sheets... i know this may sound gross but we ended up getting out the beach towels and spread out one of those over a clean sheet then replaced it with each new addition... I forgot to mention those 4 hrs. were 12-4am. Lovely.... but I was so happy to be co-sleeping so I was able to respond immediately.

so as of right now, she hasn't thrown up again. She started crying last night and just fell asleep. I too am glad that I cosleep because throughout the night she just kept on nursing. I haven't moved her yet, and I told my husbadn I am a little hesitant right now to move her because I don't know what her little stomach is going to do! But last night when we went to bed I just brought in a bunch of blankets and put them by her.. because I had decided that I probably wasn't going to keep on changing the sheets either... I have slept before in spit up and my milk that leaks.. and sometimes some pee gets on the sheets when her diaper is really really full... gross yes... but now that I am a mommy it doesn't gross me out too much! I am hoping that this will be the last of it.. and really hoping that I don't start throwing up myself... thanks for all of your help.. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by csan View Post
    For what it's worth we got tired of trying to change the sheets... i know this may sound gross but we ended up getting out the beach towels and spread out one of those over a clean sheet then replaced it with each new addition... I forgot to mention those 4 hrs. were 12-4am. Lovely.... but I was so happy to be co-sleeping so I was able to respond immediately.
    We do the same thing here, lots of layers!
    Mommy to E 12 , K 10 , A almost 6 , and Little J 20 weeks

So how'd she do the rest of the day? Everything going well for you?

Hope she is getting back to normal and that you are doing ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by csan View Post
    So how'd she do the rest of the day? Everything going well for you?

Hope she is getting back to normal and that you are doing ok too.
    Yes! Yesterday she threw up once in the morning at that was it!
    However I didn't feel good most of yesterday and just slept A LOT! I started feeling better last night and this morning!

Thanks for all of your help

Yahoo!! Glad she's doing well and that you are feeling better too.