Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sudden night feedings?

Default Sudden night feedings?

DS turned 4 months on Friday and for the past two nights, he has been waking up around 3 a.m. to eat. This is so rare for him, he usually goes from 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. to about 5:30 or 6 without waking up. It is very, very seldom that he'll wake up in the middle of the night, and if he does it's only for one night and then his schedule goes back to normal.

So, I'm wondering what's going on? He'll just wake up and start babbling loudly and then munch away when I start nursing him. He'll fall asleep, and immediately wake back up the second I put him in his crib, so I have to keep him in bed with me. I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt, because he doesn't SEEM to be eating more during the day, though occasionally (at night) he'll want to eat every hour for like, 10 minutes.

He's also teething and achieved a new milestone last Sunday (he's finally learned to roll over!) so could it be that?

Another thing is that lately, after the night-time feeding, he'll wake up at around 6 or 7 just screaming at the top of his lungs. It sounds like he's scared, it's really an abrupt scream. Can babies have nightmares at 4 months?
    Mom to Ricky, born 11/28/07, 8lbs 8.5oz
    13lbs by 2/12/08!

in the morning, @ work and again @ night!

to

Default Re: Sudden night feedings?

http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

(Bookmark this site if you haven't already! It's got a lot of great information!)

my lo is starting doing this too. he's 16 weeks old and all last week he woke up at 3:30 acting like he was hungry. i fed him the first day, but not the rest. he would go back to sleep rather quickly, but wake if i put him back in his crib. his new scheduling is killing me because i have to work. not to mention i came down with the flu on wednesday night and still fighting it off.

Thank you soooo much, mama_p! That link was very helpful.
    Mom to Ricky, born 11/28/07, 8lbs 8.5oz
    13lbs by 2/12/08!

in the morning, @ work and again @ night!

to