Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: May be an odd question

Default May be an odd question

Okay, we had a few latch issues on and off but I think we're finally getting the hang of things now (DS is five weeks). Thing is, now that I'm not having the soreness, I'm wondering if he's eating well When it was uncomfortable (only really painful a few times) I could feel him sucking and was able to tell what was going on. Now I can't feel it and his swallow sounds quieter (less air??). Okay, I sound like an idiot, I know ... and his diapers are good ... am I just a weirdo or has anyone else ever felt this way? lol

Default Re: May be an odd question

Sounds like your supply is starting to regulate to his needs, and he's getting better at nursing as he gets older. As long as the diaper counts are still good, then just enjoy the peacefulness and be proud of your successes!
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thanks for the info. I was thinking we were both just getting better at things, but it still kind of made me wonder He just made a turnaround so fast, lol.

You're so not alone!! Any time anything changes with my LO's feedings I start to worry, "Is this normal???"! My poor hubby is always listening to some new worry of the day... thank goodness for this forum or I'd probably be convinced my baby was starving even if she was having lots of diapers and gaining weight lol Good job getting things right!