Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Aggressive Little Breastfeeder?

Default Aggressive Little Breastfeeder?

I have a similar question to the "I am not a Juice Box" mummy. My 4 month old baby boy doesn't necessarily play, but his new habit is to push HARD with his little fists against my breast and at the same time pull away while he sucks. Like I am a balloon or something! He will usually eventually settle down and nurse contentedly, but I'm not sure what to do while he's nursing AGGRESSIVELY. It is a bit painful after a while. I have tried relocating his fist, and also gently pulling him towards me to lessen the yanking away. Any other tips? This is my first experience nursing as my other children are all adopted so any help is greatly appreciated. I LOVE being able to feed my baby!!

Default Re: Aggressive Little Breastfeeder?

Ha, ha, ha! My son, 8 months, does the same thing. It's almost as if he's trying to see how far he can stretch me. He usually does this before my let down, so maybe he's trying to get it to come faster? Another thing he does is detach, stretch his arm out and look the other direction, then turn back to latch on and swing his arm, hitting me in the chest. And he likes to jog his legs. Hard to keep him still anymore.

You're not alone!!!! My nipples have gotten real tough because of my son doing the same thing.
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

If my milk takes too long to let down....Bam Bam starts tugging and biting. So then I get anxiety about it and it takes longer....not sure what to do.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

When he releases milk sprays everywhere, so I'm pretty sure the milk is coming. I've wondered if he has figured out a technique to make it come faster or something with the yanking. Hmmmmmm. Thanks for the empathy. Glad to know I'm not alone.

OMG!! I thought it was just my LO that was a maniac!! you described what my DD does!!! It does hurt sometimes...I try to push my boob in closer and she even pulls away more!!!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Glad to know there are more! DS will pull and tug, claw and push, and even pull off and squeeze my nip! He'll usually calm down after a few minutes but sometimes I just have to hand him off to daddy for a diaper change or something and then he seems fine I'm hoping he grows out of it, but judging from the other stories I might have a while. I'm really looking forward to my nursing necklaces coming in! lol

my lo does it as well i found i trap one arm around my side and i hold her other hand this calms her down enough to just relax and eat, i also found she only eats agressivly if im giving her eye contact so i also look away while feeding her till she gets sleepy then we can stare at each other till she drifts off.
    My pride and joy is my family, my finace, my 9 year old son Jonathan Bengamin and my 4 month old daughter Grace Abigail, they are the greatest things to ever happen to me

Oh, boy, the things I have to look forward to, eh?

My baby boy just turned eleven weeks today, and he still nurses really great without much trouble 99.99% of the time, but every now and then, he'll get a little....overexcited, I guess, and he will clamp down on my nipple with his little jaws and just YANK his head back as far as he can, taking my nipple and half of my boob with it. Yeouch.

Good thing I have tough boobies.

When my little guy does that my husband puts his hand on his head and says (in a very serious voice) "Respect the boobies" The hand on the head calms the little guy and the scolding makes me feel that he's sticking up for me.