Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going to a LLL meeting before giving birth?

Default Going to a LLL meeting before giving birth?

Is going to a LLL meeting before giving birth a good idea? My second baby is due in October. I didn't have any problems breast feeding my DS now 4.5. What will I learn by attending a meeting before giving birth?

I bfed ds until he was 9 months. What I thought was my inability to produce enough milk for him was actually him increasing my milk supply for a growth spurt. Now I know better. I probably could have continued if I had support.

Default Re: Going to a LLL meeting before giving birth?

It's great that you have breastfeeding experience. Attending a LLL meeting before you little one arrives will introduce you to the LLL leaders. Then you'll have someone who can help if there should be any problems or questions.

I am due in October too and I have been going to LLL meetings for a few months! I love them. I have learned so much and it is so great to meet and talk with other ladies who are/will be BFing too! I had issues BFing my 1st dd so LLL has been so great for me. I say why not? I bet you will love it.

I think it would be a great idea. It would help you brush up on the topic of breastfeeding. You might also find out some new information that could help. Plus if you experience any difficulties at first with breastfeeding your new little one you will have your support staff lined up already. You will also gain a group of friends and support in your mothering journey.

Going to a meeting while still pregnant is an excellent idea! You can brush up on breastfeeding and get some practical tips on managing breastfeeding while still caring for siblings. Meeting #2, Baby Arrives: The Family and the Breastfed Baby would be an excellent one to attend for your situation. Although just because you happen to attend the Nutrition and Weaning meeting doesn't mean you should ask the questions that concern you at the time. Never leave without getting your questions answered
    Tanya, LLL Leader and Mama to three wonderful kids

It is a great idea. I am due any day now and have attended three meetings so far. The nice thing about it is, everyone that attends is really focused on breastfeeding and won't undermine your great intentions!