Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months Old, What to eat?

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default 9 Months Old, What to eat?

We really need some ideas, my LO is 9 months old and we are trying to introduce some new foods other than just fruits and veggies. She has tried most that are suggested for her age and loves them. This morning we gave her oatmeal and she really liked it. She hates baby cereal so I thought we would try the real thing. She also likes brown rice puffs. Do these have anything good in them? We have started to add extra virgin olive oil to some of her food. Is this okay at 9 months? And what about fish when can we start with that and what kind? Any other ideas about what to feed a 9 month old? Thanks a lot

Default Re: 9 Months Old, What to eat?

How about really boiled soft chicken? Soup? Yogurt? Egg yolks? Of course your choices would depend on the propensity towards allergies.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

We aren't doing dairy, soy, wheat or eggs for now... but with my 10 month old we do fruits and veggies, chicken, lots of brown rice, she loves regular oatmeal, dried fruit like apricots and prunes. We also do organic oat tosties dry cereal and puffed brown rice. If you are doing dairy and other grains your possibilities are endless. Cottage cheese, shredded cheese yogurt etc or hot cereal like oat bran or cream of wheat etc, hummus, We haven't done pork or fish yet.
    I buy brocolli slaw at the grocery store and give my lo the shredded carrots, cabbage and brocolli.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

My LO loves her yobaby yogurt, specifically made for infants and toddlers. As far as fish goes you could try tilapia, it's a very soft mild white fish, and it's ecofriendly and healthy. You can also try salmon but make sure it's wild caught because farm raised salmon has mercury in it.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

We really need some ideas, my LO is 9 months old
    I needed this! I'm just starting to get brave. My ds just turned 9 mo. I did try the real oatmeal, rice, cooked broccoli, and well....he is definitely wanting whatever we eat. Good luck to you!
    June 29, 2007 First day of motherhood to my son.

Thanks for posting this, I needed some suggestions too. I noticed many of the pp's recommending different finger foods. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what do you give them if they don't have ANY teeth yet? Can they still have finger foods? What kinds?

Oh yeap... this tread is for me too.... I am giving my baby cook chicken, peas, sweat potato, mash potato, some pasta, folk eggs, baby cereal, rice, bananas and abocado (I add a bit of butter for flavor) but she wants everything that we eat.... I still smash all of her food in the blender and notice she doesnt like it like that anymore .... she has no teeth yet but I know she is ready to try more...

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I just made Clare home made chicken soup and she seemed to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    How about really boiled soft chicken?
    How long do you boil the chicken for?

Quote Originally Posted by healthymama View Post
    Yogurt?
    Isn't that made of whole milk? I didn't think we could give milk products yet until they are one?
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

My lo will be 9mo on the 12th and he LOVES noodles! plain noodles. I have given him meatless spaghetii and he loved it...this time he ate plain ole noddles. He aslo likes chicken noodle soup....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)