Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nurse and Cuddle...

Talking Nurse and Cuddle...

My LO and I had a pretty good day yesterday. As some of you know I am trying to relactate after stopping BFing when he was 2.5 weeks and at 3.5 weeks was feeling so horrible and needing to try and get back to what is natural for both of us. I have been working my butt off and probably aggrivating the baby some too LoL in the process. We have good days and bad days but I am starting to think that my supply is slowly starting to come back up. So far this past week, my LO has nursed more than he has taken a bottle and some of the bottles he took was not formula when I could help it. I try to make sure I give him bottles of BM when I do have to supplement with the bottle as much as my pumped out supply will allow. The last couple days have been even better than the ones before. Thursday night, my lactation nurse at the hospital wanted me to do a "power pumping" session which I did. I'm sure that is what helped me yesterday. Thursday night my LO only had formula that night before bed and it was just enough to top off his nursing session to go to sleep. The same was yesterday....difference of yesterday and Thursday was yesterday we had what I call a "nurse and cuddle" day. He must be about to hit that growth spurt many of you talk about at about 6 weeks because for most of the day yesterday he just wanted to lay next to me on his boppy and nurse and sleep. When I would try to put him down he wouldn't stay down long and he was ready to nurse again. He sat in his swing a few times but most of the afternoon and evening until about a half hour before getting him off to bed for the night...it was me, him, his pillow and the boobs LoL. It was tiresome don't get me wrong...I was so give out that during the night when he slept (key word is "when") I slept better than I have in a while but it also felt good too because it made me feel as if all my hard work is starting to pay off....or at least I hope it is. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who offered the support and kind words...I think I still have a ways to go but I feel like things are starting to look up and get to where they are suppose to be.

Default Re: Nurse and Cuddle...

That is FANTASTIC news! I'm so happy for you. It *is* so nice just to nurse and cuddle. A good tip is learning to nurse while lying down can make things so much easier. If you can't do side lying yet, simply lying back with baby safely across your torso often works well. That way you can at least rest your body, even during a "frequency day".

and please keep us updated!

Default Re: Nurse and Cuddle...

yeah!
    I'm glad things are going beter!