Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I am not a juice box!

Default I am not a juice box!

So DD (now 3 months old) has discovered how to latch on independently, and with a pretty decent latch, too. But the problem is that sometimes, especially if we're nursing lying down or in the cradle position (not cross-cradle, though) she just latches on, and off, and on, and off, like she is just sipping on a straw or something!

Thankfully it doesn't make my nipples too sore although I cut her off around the 10th latch usually, in an act of self-preservation.

Is it that she just isn't that hungry during those times? Or distracted? Or just discovering what she can do?
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Default Re: I am not a juice box!

My baby is also 3 months old and doing the same thing. The only thing I can think of is that she's really starting to get more distracted by the world around her. I figure if she's hungry enough, she'll stop looking around and start eating (which she does). She doesn't do it when she's tired at all, only during the day when she's evidently in hyper mode. HA! I hope its just a phase....

Sounds like someone discovered how to play with the boobies. Remeber they're her's not yours. Wait until she starts pulling on your nipple and slapping it around.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn'sMommy View Post
    Sounds like someone discovered how to play with the boobies. Remeber they're her's not yours. Wait until she starts pulling on your nipple and slapping it around.
    Ha ha... she has already discovered that the nipple fits right in the palm of her hand for squeezing. Just like my hair is the perfect length for pulling!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn'sMommy View Post
    Yup, my LO (also 3.5 mos) thinks it's fun to play and hit or squeeze the boob then she smiles, that makes me laugh, until it starts to hurt, then i tell her play time is over if she's not hungry

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in