Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply question

Default Supply question

My right side is making a lot more (it would seem) than my left. I'm feeding one side at a time b/c of OALD, and even did block feeding for a few days, and now my 5 wk old is struggling less at the breast and clamping down less, so that's good. But I'm not sure why my supply didn't even out equally in both breasts? Is there a way I can fix that? LO is much more happy and content after coming off the right side, and the left side is always so much more squishy. thoughts?? thanks!

Default Re: Supply question

Quote Originally Posted by MamatoJames View Post
    My right side is making a lot more (it would seem) than my left. I'm feeding one side at a time b/c of OALD, and even did block feeding for a few days, and now my 5 wk old is struggling less at the breast and clamping down less, so that's good. But I'm not sure why my supply didn't even out equally in both breasts? Is there a way I can fix that? LO is much more happy and content after coming off the right side, and the left side is always so much more squishy. thoughts?? thanks!
    It just takes time for your body to figure out the supply and demand. It took me 8 weeks before I was not engorged, leaking and more equal supply.
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

Many mothers have one breast that produces more than the other, it's perfectly normal. At five weeks postpartum, your supply is still evening out to baby's demands.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll just wait it out to feel more "normal" again.