Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Home made bread

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Home made bread

My mom makes the best home made bread and has asked when Clare will be able to eat it. When did you introduce your lo to bread. Does anyone have a recipe for a good home made bread with out eggs or milk? Clare is almost 9 months. Thanks

Default Re: Home made bread

Mmm, homemade bread. I think we first started giving DD bread around 8 months. Some people here would probably say to wait longer, but she hadn't had any reactions to anything else. If your LO has already had wheat, then you wouldn't have to worry about something new anyway.

I know there are a lot of recipes without milk and eggs for bread in my breadmaker book at home. I'll have to take a look this evening.

I dont have any recipe for bread with out eggs and milk and I introduces bread to my lo at arounf 7 1/2 mo... no reactions so far to anything I have given her...

Here's a basic wheat bread that fits the bill. It's a bread maker recipe, but I'm sure you could make it by hand too. The only thing I'm not sure about is what temperature and how long to bake it for in a conventional oven. I think all breads would be similar though using a regular size loaf pan.

1 3/8 c. water
    1 1/2 T. vegetable oil
    2 T molasses
    1 1/2 t salt
    2 c bread flour
    2 c whole wheat flour
    2 t active dry yeast

I've only ever made it in the breadmaker, but I think to make it by hand, you'd knead everything together, let it rise until it doubles, punch it down and put it in your loaf pan (oiled), let it rise again, then bake.

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Thanks for that, it looks great.