Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Chickenpox- a second time! What about LO?

Default Chickenpox- a second time! What about LO?

I could not believe my eyes this morning as I saw the outbreak all over me. It looked like chicken pox, but surely not. I had it at age 12. Fast forward four hours to the doctor's office and yep, it's chicken pox. A second time. A call to DH and he has one pock on his arm. Also his second time. Thank goodness it's mild- no pain, no itch.

Our guess is that we got it either at the ped's office or when a friend brought over a 19 month old who goes to Montessori school.

First question is this: Will baby get chickenpox or is she getting my immunity to it through breast milk?

Second Question: How contagious are we? Are second timers as likely to get it from us?

Third Question: How much should we shield our LO from vaxed day care kids? (LO is 4 month old only vaxed against rotavirus)

To be on the safe side, we're staying in on quarantine. But, a client is insisting we meet on Tuesday anyway because she's already had it. Yeah, right, so have I....

Default Re: Chickenpox- a second time! What about LO?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn07 View Post
    I could not believe my eyes this morning as I saw the outbreak all over me. It looked like chicken pox, but surely not. I had it at age 12. Fast forward four hours to the doctor's office and yep, it's chicken pox. A second time. A call to DH and he has one pock on his arm. Also his second time. Thank goodness it's mild- no pain, no itch.

Our guess is that we got it either at the ped's office or when a friend brought over a 19 month old who goes to Montessori school.

First question is this: Will baby get chickenpox or is she getting my immunity to it through breast milk?

Second Question: How contagious are we? Are second timers as likely to get it from us?

Third Question: How much should we shield our LO from vaxed day care kids? (LO is 4 month old only vaxed against rotavirus)

To be on the safe side, we're staying in on quarantine. But, a client is insisting we meet on Tuesday anyway because she's already had it. Yeah, right, so have I....
    Speaking only from experience....

First, your baby may not get it due to nursing. My girls were exposed 5 times (directly) before getting them.

Second, you are just as contagious as anyone who has it for the first time. Stay home as much as possible, but if you need to go out, dont stress it.

Third - no idea, we vax

Forth, I would let the client decide (and did when the kids were contagious). We had insurance guys and construction guys here during our outbreak.

HTH

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here