Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: The dreaded "wet spot" lol

Default The dreaded "wet spot" lol

I mean on the shirt!!! lol I have OALD and when DS falls off to catch his breath I spew everywhere lol But in public its embarrising because I have a HUGE WET SPOT on my boob! I have tried a cloth diaper but it bypasses that and soaks my shirt!

Any Suggestions?

Default Re: The dreaded "wet spot" lol

I found that the giant wet spot was less noticeable when I wore a patterned shirt. Sorry, that's the best I've got!

i just take a plastic grocery bag rip both sides so that its one flat sheet tear that in half and then fold it over my shirt collar (i wear low cut tops so i can pop the breast over the top) and cover it with a recieving blanket (like a bib on my shirt), its a bit of a hassle but saves the embarrasing wet spot.
    My pride and joy is my family, my finace, my 9 year old son Jonathan Bengamin and my 4 month old daughter Grace Abigail, they are the greatest things to ever happen to me

Good idea... If I can remember to bring all that along with all the other crap I take!

I know I can LIFT the shirt to stop the wet spots but Im like you, I wear low cut tops for whiping of the breast! lol

I wear layers...it's pretty much a necessity in Alberta. Anyway, I always take off my sweatshirt, sweater, or whatever while I'm nursing and just nurse in my tank top or t-shirt. Since you're in AZ, though, you probably won't be able to keep that up for long, so I dunno...

By the way, we're going to Scottsdale in a couple weeks...how warm is it usually in April there? I've only been there for summer and a couple times for Christmas...
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

I would usually use a blanket if I could or bring another shirt to change into. Sorry I'm not more help.

Iryssa,
    In Scottsdale in April it will probably be around mid to high 80's, so bring your summer clothes!
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

Thanks!
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

It soaks your shirt on the nursing side, or non-nursing side? For the nursing side, just try to make sure that your top is tucked up so that if your baby comes off, it doesn't fall down into the line of fire. As previously mentioned, layers can help w/that task.