Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How often??

Default How often??

My DD is almost 6 1/2 months old. We just started giving her food at 6 months. She has had rice cereal, a couple bites of yogurt (yo-baby), squash puree and avocado (tiny chunks which she played with, then I mashed a couple bites and fed it to her). She LOVED all of it so far!!!! I am interested in baby-led feeding, but nervous about it too for fear that she will choke. My question is how often should I be feeding DD solids? I usually give her something other than BM every couple days or so. Should I be feeding her something solid every day? I know she gets all her nutrients from my BM, so I am not worried about that, but I am just wondering if I should be offering her solids more than I do?
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

Default Re: How often??

here is a link I like...not sure how it would apply to BLS, but it's what I'm following (loosely) now with my DD.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Thanks! That is very helpful!
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

What you're doing is exactly how I started out....every other day a little something. Now at almost 8 months, miss piggy is up to 3 "little somethings" a day. I usually put her in the high chair when my oldest dd eats, and she seems to enjoy it.

Check out this thread I recently started about my journey with BLS. It started off bumpy, but no problems now!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.