Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Large Supply Vs. Over Supply

Default Large Supply Vs. Over Supply

Is there a difference between having a Large Supply vs. Over Supply? Is having a large supply ok.

I think I have a large supply. I only pump 2x a day for 15-20 minutes each. Once in the morning and once at work. I get about 20-24 ounces total a day. My LO only eats about 15 ounces while I'm at work. I don't really feel engored anymore unless it's been over 7-8 hours without pumping, which rarely happens. I stopped wearing breast pads because I don't leak anymore. I just hear so many things about the hind/foremilk balance and want to make sure my LO is ok. He has good poops, but probably 1 of them is greenish/yellow ever couple days.

What do you gals think? TIA

Default Re: Large Supply Vs. Over Supply

As long as you and your baby are not having problems related to oversupply, your large supply is not a problem.

Other than the ocassional greenish stool, is your baby healthy, gaining well, and not fussy?

You are not feeling engorged or leaking much anymore, so I assume you are not dealing with frequent plugged ducts or mastitis.

If you or your baby start to have these kinds of problems, there are things you can do to bring your supply down to a more managable level. If not, try to relax and enjoy your abundant supply!

Tiana

he's very health. weighs almost 16 pounds and is 16 weeks. he ocassionally fusses at the breast. i know i worry too much.

thanks.

You're welcome!

New motherhood worry is pretty normal. Try not to beat yourself up.

Tiana