Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ok Its not just what I ate... now what??

Default Ok Its not just what I ate... now what??

My little man has been vomiting since 2pm. I feel so bad, he is moapy and sad looking. Everytime he eats he vomits the whole feeding up. I can't even give him pedilyte because he is too young. I HATE WHEN LITTLE ONES GET SICK!!!!

Default Re: Ok Its not just what I ate... now what??

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear your baby is sick!! You're sure it's not a lot of spit-up, right?

I'd call the doctor for vomiting, you definitely want to have that checked out. But in the meantime here's some information on vomiting in breastfed babies...

Vomiting and Diarrhea
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

Cool Re: Ok Its not just what I ate... now what??

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyofmyboys View Post
    I can't even give him pedilyte because he is too young
    I was actually told to give my LO pedialyte (the clear kind), but just a little bit, like less than a teaspoon, for the diarrhea he was having... Did I get some bad advice? I didn't give him any, because his poo started thickening up again within 24 hours.
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987

Default Re: Ok Its not just what I ate... now what??

Instead of offering large feedings, try offering frequent small feedings. Just a few minutes, max. He's more likely to absorb more of it, because it will stay down a little longer.

You could also try making breast milk ice cubes for him to suck on, with your help.

Keep an eye on wet and dirty diapers, as that will tell you if he's getting too dehydrated.

Probably best to put in a call to doc, too, to let them know what's going on, if it hasn't resolved yet.