Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I slept through the night...now what??

Question I slept through the night...now what??

So ladies, I am pumping exclusively, and my LO has been having HORRIBLE nights. She is up 2-3 times an hour. Not to eat, and she does not wake all the way up, but she cries enough for me to go check on her.

But... I am SOOOO tired that I have not been getting up to pump through the night. I used to try to not let more than 6 hours go by without a pumping session, but now it may be 9+ hours. I wake up engorged but only get maybe 4 oz per side. I try and pump every 2-3 hours during the day, but I am worried that the long spread through the night may start to effect my supply.

Do I NEED to get up and pump overnight, or will my day sessions make up for the missed night session??

Thanks for any advice!
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)

Default Re: I slept through the night...now what??

sorry...4 oz each side!!!???
    I'm no LC but i think at this age if you pump/empty your breasts 6-8x a day your supply should be fine. if i sleep during the night i make sure to be extra vigilant on day pumping and try not to wait 9 hours again.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I just started sleeping through the night for no more than 8 hours and I have seen a large dip in my supply. I used to get 35oz a day and now i get 26-30. I am barely keeping up with my lo right now. I am tempted to go back to pumping at 5 hours during the night but I must admit I also feel much healthier sleeping that long now.

When I have slept through the night in the past, I have gotten as much as 6 1/2 oz per side.

Now today I am pumping every two hours, and I am lucky to get out 1 oz per side. I am trying to drink as much water as I can. What do you do when your LO is sleeping through the night?? Do you set an alarm to get up?? (Wishful thinking for us right now, I would love her to sleep 4 hours straight !!)
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug6 View Post
    When I have slept through the night in the past, I have gotten as much as 6 1/2 oz per side.

Now today I am pumping every two hours, and I am lucky to get out 1 oz per side. I am trying to drink as much water as I can. What do you do when your LO is sleeping through the night?? Do you set an alarm to get up?? (Wishful thinking for us right now, I would love her to sleep 4 hours straight !!)
    If you sleep through the night every once and ahwile your supply will not be affected. It is when you continue to do so and your body gets the signal that less milk is needed.

My lo sleeps 12 hours at night and yes I do set an alarm to wake up. Don't worry your lo will sleep through the night soon.