Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupron and milk supply?

Default Re: Lupron and milk supply?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    i'd love a VBAC but since my cesarean was a classical (vertical) i've been told that it would be nearly impossible.
    Oh, rats. You got dealt an unfair hand, mama. I'm sorry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Unhappy Re: Lupron and milk supply?

Update:

last Wednesday while at work i had one of these horrible headache days, well i procrastinated taking anything till lunch, at about 1:00pm all the sudden i felt like i was going to black out (i did this alot in my younger days when i didn't eat right etc...) i sat in the floor and several of my teammmebers noticed the pale face etc... it lasted about 2 hoours on and off and i drank lots of water, cool rags, etc... also ate some PB, even though i am concious to always eat protien etc nowadays with the BF and such... my Doc upped my Estrogen to 1 mg a day from .5 mg day, and said to watch my BP, my BP has been normal and i upped the estrogen, again today i had/am having another of these episodes and i have no idea what's up, i feel like i can't function like this for another 2 months?? i have an appt on Wednesday for my next injection, but i thought i'd update in case anyone has advice or if nothing else in case someone comes here looking for info like i first did.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

No advice, but lots of hugs. I'm so sorry this has been such a difficult journey for you, and I really hope this is the end of the rough stuff!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I wanted to finish the updates on here since this is behind me now:

here's another thread i started http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=59590
    and a few of my meaningful posts from that thread:
    September 4th, 2008 - I had my last Lupron injection yesterday and laid out the details of my myomectomy, instead of being Happy to see the end of this, I'm really scared all the sudden. The Doctor gave me a good heart to heart about best vs worst cases best being they take only the fibroid and no complications and worst being that i require a hysterectomy. then he laid out the facts, first off it will need to be another vertical incision, he will have a surgical oncologist on standby in case any non reproductive organs are involved, he has no idea what to expect because of the unusual presentation of the fibroid and it's large size.... finally he said it is very likely that i will lose 1 ovary and my uterus.... he said that we have done everything we can to prevent this and he hopes it doesn't happen but it is very possible....

I've known the risks all this all along but i guess i had just gotten my hopes up these past few months....and I'm not sure why but i was really hoping for a transverse incision this time, not like i know the difference since I've only had the vertical but it seems like it would be easier to recover from....

it's bad enough that I'll never even know what Labor is or how it feels to push your baby at all, but now to think that i might not even get another baby ever makes me extremely sad, i mean that's the reason i sought treatment of the fibroid to begin with....

i just want to cry...sorry for rambling
    and a few days before the surgery:

October 13th, 2008 - So it's almost time, and the wierdest thing is I'm nesting, like I did the last few weeks of my pregnancy cleaning everything and even my desk at work

I am also very weepy anytime I am with Silas, everytime he smiles my mind races to 'I'll only get to see that a few times over the weekend' or 'I won't be here if he wakes up', or 'we won't be able to take our baths together after Thursday night'.... anyway I'm just really really weepy and sad and I know most of it is that they are pumping all these hormones through my body but some of it is that I've never been away from him other than work..... okay well I just nneeded to cry to someone and DH is some help but you ladies understand more so this is fair warning that I will be posting weepy crap probably all week long at least until Thursday night.....

Surgery is Friday (October 17th, 2008) at 12:30 am and I'll be in the hospital till at least Sunday according to the doc, I'm taking my laptop to help fill the time in case i feel up to it....
    now for the end (thanks LLLadies for all your well wishes )
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=61632

October 19th, 2008 - So sweet of you llladies!!! apparently your well wishes worked!!!

The fibroid was only attached via a small stalk and no other organs had to be removed, it was still large enough that it had to be broken apart before they could get it out but the DR is very hopeful for my recovery and future fertility. aside from pain I am doing great. i got discharged this afternoon and just has my first taste of solid food. Silas was able to visit me a few times each day to relieve engorgement and satisfy some of his nursing needs, he also had some bottles of EBM i had at the house, i only pumped once on Friday noght and i hope i haven't affected my supply to bad...

i may not be online much in the next few days while i recover and get past the pain. or i might be just watching and not typing....

please forgive typos as i am medicated well....
    again I am so thankful to have found these forums and all of the support that comes with them, this is just the 'thing' that brought me here. I still love local LLL meetings but I've gotten some things HERE that I could never get anywhere else.
    Last edited by @llli*lidarln; August 4th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Bump ~~~
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07