Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazy boob?

Default Lazy boob?

I have one breast that is a super producer and the other, not so much. Is there anything I can do to increase my let down and production on one side?

The kiddo (4.5 weeks) always latches and nurses on the not-super-breast for at least ten minutes, but always wants the super producing breast afterwards.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Lazy boob?

The majority of women have one breast that produces more than the other. If the size difference really bothers you, you can try favoring the "lazy" side for a while to see if it helps. Way back when, I expended a lot of effort in a useless attempt to even them out. Maybe you would be more successful.

Lopsided! What can I do?

But very, very common. HTH!!
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

I'm very lopsided. My DS hardly ever did any BFing so most of my experience producing milk has been pumping and my left a LOT less than right. Like typically I might pump like a good 3 oz on the right and barely 1/2 on the left. Sometimes when I really have no milk like at the end of the day, after having pumped already recently, the amount in the left is ridiculously low - like 3cc's.

The LC at my DS's hospital said that its totally normal - usually not to my extreme but one usually produces lots more.

I also have a lazy boob and a super boob... My breasts don't "appear" lopsided when looking at them, but there is a definite difference in the pump output I can get from each of them. Right boob is the super-producer, while left boob is the lazy one. It doesn't bother me, so I don't worry too much about it...

I read this on another post, so I can't take credit, but someone on another post said their DH called them "snack boob" and "dinner boob."

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

My breasts also make very different amounts, the right has always been the one that produces more, and leaks more during pregnancy. To the casual observer, my breasts look the same, but there is actually about a cup size difference. On days when I'm going out and really want to look nice, I stuff the left side to make it more even. Most days, though, I just leave them be.

good to know I'm not the only one with a lazy boob Thanks ladies!

It's weird, anyone notice that's it's our left boob? Wonder what's up with that? Mine is the left too. Jonna
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months

Wow!! My left boob produces less as well.

same here but it is also ds favoured side, he hates the right, and it is such a nightmare to feed him from right, he will only feed from right side with me lying down, which makes it a nightmare to gou out anywhere....

the left side he feeds no bother on..when i pump this side ive never gotten more than .5 oz, the right i can get 4 oz in 5 mins even after a feed!
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Nope.... wimpy ole left boob here. It's kinda funny, when I get ready to shower... if I lood in the mirror, you can tell BADLY that it is the "wimpy one" lol.
    I'm Jessi
    Proud mama to Breanah Grace 9/10/07, wife to Eric
    Happily, exclusively BF for 7 months