Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Define pureed.

Default Define pureed.

Hi ladies,

So I finally decided to make my son home made baby food. I went out bought ice trays and a food processor. The food processor claimed that it made purees but it isn't looking like it (which is really upsetting since I paid $40). Last night I was trying to make my son a batch of apple puree but the best I was able to get was something that looked like apple sauce, except maybe a little more grainy, even after I added 1/4 cup of water! Is this how its supposed to normally look like? I ended up throwing it away bc apparently you have peel fruits -I didn't. So is that grainy substance supposed to be "pureed", since wholesomebabies says you're never going to get just right, like the jarred food, or did I get a sucky food processor? I'm assuming the latter...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Define pureed.

I made exactly the same mistake. You have to bake or steam the apples first. Glad to hear you are giving it a try. Another tip for you, I always found green beans to be too watery so I added a little bit of rice cereal to the mix.

Thanks! It would've probably taken me several days to figure it out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

at 6 months baby should be able to handle a few lumps and such.
    Don't stress too much.

Apples was one thing I would get at the store, you can get thoose little dishes with out sugar and flavorings in with the other applesauces.

This is a great link. I look up things daily on it. I'm glad your food processor does work. I bought one and then realized that my blender works way better, so I've just been using my blender now.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09