Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is this ok?

Default is this ok?

MY son doesnt seem to wet his nappy when he is in a deep sleep, ie of a night his nappy is completly dry, and also if he has a long nap in day, he will have a dry nappy......altho usually within an hour of having woke up it will be soaked....and not just a normal soak, but very very wet.......ive done the 60-90mls water in a nappy to see what a normal wet nappy should feel like, and the first one of a morning, goes from dry at waking to 4x as heavy as a normal wet nappy within an hour.....is this normal? and if he is holdinh it when he is asleeo is this ok? he must have a full bladder i would think over night...to be able to soak a nappy so much in the space of the first hour he is awake..

i have been counting the last few days and he generally h as 6-7 wet a day (some much more wet that what they would class as a proper "full" nappy) so i assume that is ok...but i worry about him holding it so long..
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Default Re: is this ok?

sounds ok to me it is coming out so that it a good thing!

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

how old is he?
    it sounds similar to what my son started doing at about 1 year old.

it's the work of a chemical released in the brain to slow down your liver work to make urine. that way you don't have to go as much during the night and can sleep undisturbed.
    lots of times when children have problems with bed wetting,
    it's because a lack of this chemical.

he is only 9 weeks old...
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

hmm,
    that is pretty young, huh?!

i would say even though he's so young,
    my mama sense tells me it's ok.

what does your mama sense say?

the fact that you felt like posting about it
    makes me think you should ask your ped about it
    just to be sure.

Both of my girls were like this even when they were tiny. The twins on the other hand always wake up soaking wet.
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07