Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bra size constantly changing?

Default Bra size constantly changing?

Hello ladies,

I have a silly issue. Due to bfing my boobs have undergone major changes and now that my little one is bfing less and less they're changing again. I just bought medela bras about a month ago and seem to need to buy new bras yet again. They're in mint condition but my boobs seem to be getting smaller (hopefully going back to they're old, perfect size *cross my fingers!*). Do I need start getting measured and go bra shopping every month?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Bra size constantly changing?

So I sized myself, found the instructions online, and I'm either a 34C or 32D -I'm thinking more of a 32D. Now where do I find this size? Does medela carry this size I'm wearing a 34D of their that used to feel nice and comfy but now feels loose..

TIA
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

34C isn't that hard to find...that's what I wear. Bravado! carries them. I think they carry a 32D as well.
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

I would vote, if you have somewhere near you, that you have yourself sized professionally. I was sized at Nordstrom when I was pregnant. Will be doing it again soon. They can help you decide between 32D and 34C, and if your bra fits really well, it helps to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis.
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!

32's tend to be hard to find with cup sizes over C, so I've had mine altered. You just open the seams at the fasteners, cut off about a half inch and sew the fasteners back on. http://www.birthandbaby.com is good helpful source with a lot of different styles and brands. I also found that a bra with a stretchy cup is pretty forgiving for toddler nursing when things change a lot.

The Bravado nursing bras are the best. I'm still using the original nursing bra because my size is constantly changing...the size I wear fits between a 32C and a 34D, so it is nice not having to constantly change bra sizes.
    and loving it!

First time mom to Rory Anne

Born 10/29/07 7lbs 10ounces