Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: He threw it back up?

Default He threw it back up?

Hi ladies,

I've heard that avocado is a great baby food and I just gave my son some but he threw it back up. Is was mashed and was the first time we tried it. Also, this is the first time he thrown anything up before...Does this mean that he doesn't like it, that I should discontinue it. He's had banana, oatmeal, and applesauce before without issues. Could it be that I overfilled his mouth -he was gagging a little bit but he does this with any food we feed him. I do usually wait a minute or two before spooning another little bit though
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: He threw it back up?

Ds gagged on it as a pureé and I thought he didn't like it, but it was just a texture thing. I thinned it out with more water or apple sauce and it was fine. (Put a little bit in your mouth and gently move it around and you'll get to know what your lo senses when he eats it. It's creaminess reminded me of peanut butter. I do this with all of his food now, just so I know what I'm giving him so I can watch for gagging, choking, etc.)
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Default Re: He threw it back up?

Thanks! I tried it again today and I mashed it some more but I'm starting to think he might just not like it. He def. wasn't as excited about it as when it comes to his bananas or oatmeal. I think I'll mix it up with bananas next time though, maybe he'll like it better...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!