Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Think of Trying Lact-aid.

Question Think of Trying Lact-aid.

Has anyone had any experience with the Lact-aid NUrsing trainer. I am trying to relactate and my dd wont have anything to do with my breast. I am thinking of ordering it to try that. Has anyone been succesful with this, had problems, is it worth trying?

Default Re: Think of Trying Lact-aid.

It is worth trying. I didn't use the Lact-aid, I used the SNS, pretty much the same thing except that is made by Medela. The reason I used it was because I spend like a month or longer than that (I can't remember, it was over 3 years ago) separated from my daughter , I didn't have so much of a problem with getting her to latch but I had supply issues and it helped me a lot.

I have one. It wasn't working well with us only because he is on the enfamil ar which is really thick. so the fasted tubing was too slow.

today i tried it with Breast milk and he did great on the slowest flow.

It really does help to build your supply ! (oh btw I have the SNS by Medela)

I like it now that I am used to it. BUT the first few times are a little hard so my husband had to help me get him to latch and stuff with it.

Goodluck! it's worth a shot in my opinion!

Great, thanks to you both! I will give it a try.

I bought types by Medela.
    but bought from Ebay.....

http://www.medela.ch/ISBD/en/index.php

Special Feeding Devices:
    http://www.medela.ch/ISBD/en/breastf...ts/devices.php
    Sells for about $45.us
    I got thos one for 4.00us plus S&H $5. (Used)

& for New one sealed for 13.99 us Plus S&H

and We are doing much better at B/F now. So good luck....

I ordered the Medela one. Hopefully it will work. My daughter is on Enfamil Lipil w. Iron so hopefully it will not be too thick for the tubes! Once I get it I am sure I will have more questions for ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Drea1599
    I ordered the Medela one. Hopefully it will work. My daughter is on Enfamil Lipil w. Iron so hopefully it will not be too thick for the tubes! Once I get it I am sure I will have more questions for ya'll!
    That's the same one I used and the same formula. I didn't have any problems with it, I think .

Quote Originally Posted by Drea1599
    it should be fine ! my son is on the Added Rice starch form for reflux. so it's really thick. the lipil i tried before and it was fine! goodluck! and just remember it's going to take some getting used to but once you get the hang of it it's smooth sailing!

Good stuff to ordering yours !!
    I know, as long at you warm up the forumla then it will work good if your formula is thick.

the best of luck and & happy baby.
    Last edited by Yummie_Mommie; July 17th, 2006 at 03:09 AM.