Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: whats going on?

Default whats going on?

For 2 days now M has been emptying one side...getting furious and demanding the other. What i have been doing is feeing on the left and pumping the right then feeding the right side at nightime. now she seems to be emptying both sides and still seems hungry. i think my supply is down (yes I took a preg test..it was neg) or she is having a growth spurt? she is 12 weeks...does that sound like the age for a G S? How much fenugreek again?? It is normal at 3 months for your supply to drop? why would it happen?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: whats going on?

My first thought is a gs. I remember dd2 doing the same thing and there are still days she wants both sides in on session. Let her eat until she is full is my only suggestion. I know if I am wrong someone will chime in and correct me.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Hi karin,
    just completely out of curiosity... why do you feed like that? Pump and then nurse?
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

I am a parinod freak and have enough milk in my freezer to feed a small army of nurslings. It came in handy w/ dd1 b/c I got preg when she was 5 months. She went forumla free till 11 months on what I had left and frozen. Also I am way lazy and hate to turn over in the middle of the night so she only gets the right side at night and I need to pump the left b/c it hasn't been used in like 12 hrs. I don't know..its just what worked last time so I am doing it again BUT for some reason...I am getting low..
    karin

BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07

The pump isn't as effective so you could be experiencing low supply in your left side from going 12 hours. Are you engorged in the morning? Engorgement sends signals to your body to produce LESS, "We don't need that much milk since its not getting emptied".

Is M exhibiting the same behaviour when you start her on the right side?
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

you I am trying to figure out what it is b/c she dosn't do it at every feeding. She is now pulling off crying and it seems like I have milk. I am doing the compressions but she gets ticked so fast I am not sure what it is. She is getting a bottle every 5 or 6 days so she doesn't forget about it when I go back to work. I wonder if she is now pissed b/c she has to work harder I can't pin point when it actually started to see if it corralates. You should have seen us at the dog show today her wailing away w/ me trying to switch sides. Most dog people hate kids to begin with so it wasn't too funnny. DD1 never cared much....any other suggestions..I don't think its reflux??
    karin