Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breastfed on the dental chair

Default breastfed on the dental chair

I had a dental c/up & cleaning w/my dd and didn't think when I scheduled this appt 6 mos ago- what am I suppose to do w/dd while I'm on the chair? She was upset at the new environment and it being close to her nap time so I on the chair while my dentist cleaned my teeth. She said that in her 20 years, this was a first. I have to say for someone who never thought she would BF beyond 1, I am quite proud of myself.

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: breastfed on the dental chair

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!!! I'll have to remember that when I go for my cleaning next month-I'd be the talk of this little town.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Awesome!!!

That's so awesome!

Great job!!!!

This also makes me have ...b/c it reminded me of my 6 wk. pp check-up....I was nursing Norah while the OB was checking out the goods down there. I had forgotten all about that until just now. Thanks!!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

yea! My hygienist actually told me at my last appointment before little man was born that he could nurse during my visit if he needed to. But, he was being too social that day (I think he was about 6 mo. old) so the receptionist held him when he got tired of sitting in his stroller and he helped her greet people!
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

aww that is so sweet

And on the opposite side of this spectrum, Will had melt-down hysterics when the dr was trying to eyeball my teeth, and continued on hollering "Mama mama mama" until he was finished.

Well done you!!

I tried to BF my baby in the optician's eye test chair once while I was getting my eyes tested, but the optician lady wouldn't have it! And, I couldn't 'see' a problem with it, anyway the baby carried on screaming so testing my eyes was impossible so I left!!

Joined another opticians.

I did same thing when DD has 3 months old-she nursed while I got my teeth cleaned---my hygenist thought it was awesome-she's German and very open about breastfeeding being so natural and NIP being nothing to hide-smart lady

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and