Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breastfeeding question late in the game

Default breastfeeding question late in the game

sudden drop in well established milk supply. Anyone have experience with possible pregnancy contributing to a sudden drop early on. I think its too early to test but I just cant figure this out. Sieann is almost 11 months and loves to nurse all day it seems, little snacks but lately she has been frustrated at the breast smacking on it and then biting, being impatient for what seems like a longer let down. So I guess my question is could this be a early sign that I am pregnant. tHIS would be my first real fertile month since the baby, I had my IUD taken out the end of last month and noticed a lot of spinn this month. we werent trying but obviously not not trying. Although I would be excited I would hate for our hard earned nursing relationship to dwindle. the thought brings me to tears, I had hoped to blw. THANKS MAMAS
    Last edited by mayberrymum; March 20th, 2008 at 05:27 PM.
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

Default Re: breastfeeding question late in the game

Has AF returned? That is often the culprit for some moms....
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

could be...
    have yours cycles returned?

yes but irregular. I guess time will tell. bitter sweet i suppose. any experience with how lo adjust to this

Do you still feel your letdown? I ask because I don't anylonger, and so I wonder of you don't either, what baby is doing could be discomfort from a tooth coming in or something similar....
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Do you still feel your letdown? I ask because I don't anylonger, and so I wonder of you don't either, what baby is doing could be discomfort from a tooth coming in or something similar....
    ohhh I dont know why that hadn't occurred to me. we are always in teething hell. one a month. and yes the top right is coming in. However I definitely dont feel let down. I hear her swallowing and thats usually after three or four returns to the buffet table, she has been very impatient waiting for the milk but will crawl back for another attmept.Does that make sense. I guess Im in that waiting pool where only time will tell. I just did not expect a sudden change like this that is if I am even preggos... a long weekend is coming up.

okay so you were feeling letdown, say a week ago and now not?? Or it's been a while -

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    okay so you were feeling letdown, say a week ago and now not?? Or it's been a while -
    yes I was feeling let down as early as four days ago, she was up all night to thrashing around, unsatisfied. Maybe a growth spurt? I really hope that if I am pg we can continue for a while. thanks for your response!

i would test but im only 10 po at most, i wll let you know this weekend, with more questions im sure thx