Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New here & Low supply question

Unhappy New here & Low supply question

Hi Everyone!!! Im new here. I desperately need some help. My son is 4.5 months old. WHile I was on Maternity leave I was breasfeeding and pumping for the occasional bottle. Since I have gone back to work full time, I nurse him in the am, pump 3 times a day at work, and then nurse him before bed and during any night waking. During the weekends I almost always exclusively breastfeed. The only time I don't is if I have to be somewhere where I can't bring my son. Anyway, I got sick at the end of February and noticed my supply was taking a dip. Well I have been better and off the penicillin for awhile now and my supply hasn't recovered....in fact its gone down further. I have tried adding extra pumping session and have not seen a difference. I am concerned b/c my son is now wanting 8ozs and I can't keep up during the day. At night I have noticed him sucking like he does to stimulate let down for long periods of time, then he stops and breathes heavily b/c its so much work. I called my dr's office and spoke with the nurse who asked if I considered stopping all together. I was pretty upset. Does anyone have any thoughts????? Thank you

Default Re: New here & Low supply question

Hi mama and welcome . Maybe this link can help with some ideas about getting your milk supply back up? http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Cool Re: New here & Low supply question

So sorry! And the nerve of that nurse! I don't have any input here, I just wanted to give hugs to you. Have you tried heading further down the board and speaking with the ladies in the Low supply issues forum? There may be a thing or two they can tell you!
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987